85 mins : 3M, 2W, Chorus of 3 or more
The village of San Isidro has been without its doctor for eighteen months. Moisés has remained a recluse, refusing to even look at a patient, since the day the army took his wife away during the country’s civil war. But when a mysterious plague begins to ravage the countryside around San Isidro, the local parish priest convinces Moisés to take action. And when Moisés examines his first patient, he discovers he has the miraculous power to heal this plague with the touch of his hand. But among the thousands of pilgrims who flock to San Isidro, Moisés is forced to confront his past, and San Isidro the violence that tore it apart. A meditation on mourning, redemption, and revenge, Seven Spots On The Sun follows each character’s attempt to come to terms with the extraordinary loss they have suffered and the miracles they have witnessed.
-  NYC Premiere at Rattlestick Playwrights Theater, New York, NY, director Weyni Mengesha
-  Production at InnerMission Productions, San Diego, CA, director Carla Nell
-  West Coast Premiere at The Theatre @ Boston Court, Pasadena, CA, director Michael John Garcés
-  World Premiere at Cincinnati Playhouse In The Park, Cincinnati, OH, director KJ Sanchez
-  Reading at Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Ashland, OR, director Christopher Acebo
-  Reading at Marin Theatre Company, Mill Valley, CA, director Jasson Minadakis
-  Reading at ACT, Seattle, WA, director John Langs
-  Workshop at Icicle Creek Theatre Festival, Leavenworth, WA, director John Langs
-  Reading at Victory Gardens Theater, Chicago, IL as part of IGNITION, director Lisa Portes
-  Workshop at PlayPenn, Philadelphia, PA, director Mikhael Tara Garver, dramaturg Rebecca Wright, sound designer Dan Perelstein
-  Reading at Chicago Dramatists, Chicago, IL, director Dexter Bullard
-  Reading at The Theatre @ Boston Court, Pasadena, CA, director Dan Bonnell
-  Core Apprentice Workshop at The Playwrights’ Center, Minneapolis, MN, director Hayley Finn, dramaturg Cory Hinkle
-  Winner of the Steinberg/ATCA New Play Award Citation
-  Winner of the League of Cincinnati Theatres Award for Best Play
-  Winner of the McKnight Advancement Grant at The Playwrights’ Center, Minneapolis, MN
-  Winner of Marin Theatre Company’s Sky Cooper New American Play Prize
-  Winner of the Jerome Fellowship at The Playwrights’ Center, Minneapolis, MN
‘Seven Spots On The Sun’ at Rattlestick Playwrights Theater. Set by Arnulfo Maldonado. Costumes by Fabian Aguilar. Lights by Amith Chandrashaker. Direction by Weyni Mengesha. Images by Russ Rowland.
‘Seven Spots On The Sun’ at The Theatre @ Boston Court. Set by Sara Ryung Clement. Costumes by Garry Lennon. Lights and Projections by Tom Ontiveros. Props by Bethany Tucker. Direction by Michael John Garcés. Images by Ed Krieger.‘Seven Spots On The Sun’ at Cincinnati Playhouse In The Park. Set by Wilson Chin. Costumes by Niki Hernandez-Adams. Lights by Robert Aguilar. Direction by KJ Sanchez. Images by Sandy Underwood.